Friday, April 10, 2009

Future me/Past me in the 2.0 digital world (Thing 23)

23 Things taught me that I actually know a lot more than I thought I did about Web 2.0. It turns out that I had intuited my way through this brave new world with such people in it, and I shocked myself more by own proficiency than by the challenges.

I tried to take the hardest path on every Thing, taking on the challenges instead of taking the easy path through technology I was comfortable with. I emphasize “tried,” however, because I know I wasn’t perfect and that I didn’t always take the harder path when it was before me.

What I most look forward to learning more about is podcasting myself. For my family, I would love to podcast to my nephews who live back home in Kentucky. For reasons of vanity, I just think podcast anecdotes would be fun to include on my personal blog.

I really enjoyed the 23 Things and honestly have no suggestions for improvement. I felt there were learning opportunities for all levels of experience and instructions were always clear and entertaining. I liked that there were blog prompts to keep Thing-ers on track and that there were Challenges for ambitious Thing-ers to really push their skills.

I’m glad NEFLIN plans to leave the 23 Things posted so that I can revisit Things and follow more links. The more information I am equipped with, the more I can share my knowledge with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment